Tuesday, September 13, 2011

lentil & rice casserole recipe

A while back, I made a lentil & rice casserole for supper. It was SOOO delicious, cheap, and pretty healthy, too! I could not believe how much I liked it. It reminded me of a ground beef & rice casserole. I think I might have mentioned it one day in a blog, but I'm just now getting around to sharing the recipe. Enjoy!

Lentil and Rice Casserole

3 cups broth (I used Wyler's chicken bouillon cubes)


3/4 cup lentils
1/2 cup brown rice (I used white rice & it was fine)

3/4 cup chopped onion


1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup grated cheese

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix all ingredietns except cheese in a baking dish. Cover with foil & bake for 1 hour & 10  minutes. Remove foil, add cheese, and bake an additional 20 minutes.


I know it doesn't look like much, but I PROMISE it is good stuff! I served it with a basic salad as a side and it was absolutely delicious. Even my "I need meat at every single meal" husband loved it!




No comments: