Friday, September 23, 2011

day in the life: thursday

Well, I'm gonna be honest here.
Today definitely wins the most boring day every in the history of the O'Neill household award.

Last night was awful again. The girls slept through the night (in my bed) but Homer woke me up at 2:30 & at 4:30 to potty. I'm very, very thankful he doesn't go in the house (because that dog poops and pees like a horse!) but I wish I did not have to get up so often with him. I limit his water after 8ish and he eats around 7. I don't know what else to do. Suggestions?

We had cereal for breakfast this morning. I was seriously dragging. I drank two huge cups of coffee, pried my eyelids open with toothpicks, and sat down to write out Sara's birthday party invites. Up until two weeks ago, she wanted a mermaid birthday party. Then she changed her mind to princesses. Luckily, I found these super cute invites at Target for a really great price -- I think I paid $4 for 8 or 10 -- and they are not cartoon-y. She loves them!


We spent the day playing, doing laundry, cleaned up a few times, and June took a fitful nap this afternoon. She woke up three times during it. I think they are both coming down with colds. :(

I cooked a huge batch of taco soup this afternoon & took some to a friend. She works in the office where June goes for therapy & her son broke his hip playing football a few days ago. He had surgery & is now thankfully resting at home, so I decided to bring them supper. I made enough for us, too...& I even had enough for tomorrow night, as well! Yay for not having to cook so much!

Told ya'll we were boring today. ;)


No comments: