Friday, July 1, 2011

TGIF!

This was supposed to have posted yesterday, but for some reason it didn't. Pretend this is Friday & you're reading about Thursday, mmkay? :)

Yesterday we had a pretty awesome day.
I worked in the morning...
(when I say "worked", I mean I drove an elderly friend to see her husbnd in the VA nursing home about 40 minutes away! I drive her twice a week and they pay me a very generous amount of money. I am SO thankful for this...I had no idea how hard it was going to be to find employment to work around school and taking June to therapy three times a week...all while paying enough to have anything left over after daycare! Mrs. Ruth is a HOOT and I love chatting with her every week!)

And in the afternoon, my cousin Kayla & her daughter, Aubrey came over to play.
This is Kayla & Aubrey when she graduated fire fighter school. Is there a technical name for that? Hmmm...

Aaaaanyway. The girls had SO much fun playing together! They always have a blast. Kayla & I caught up on all the good TV like RHONJ, Keeping Up With the Kardashians, etc.
(What? Don't ya'll know that's the best TV ever? haha)

My aunt came over and brought a HUGE bowl of vegetables for us.


We'll definitely be eating a lot of squash & tomatoes this week! I don't mind though because I LOVE fresh vegetables from a garden. I plan on making some homemade spaghetti sauce with the tomatoes, zucchini, and peppers...and probably freezing some of the squash because we've already had sauteed squash & squash casserole in the past week. If you have a good squash recipe -- please share!

Tomorrow we are bound for the lake early in the morning! I can't WAIT! We love the lake....I am a water baby & so are both my girls. Kayla & Aubrey will be joining us, as well as my sister Allie.
Lake time sounds like a GREAT way to kick off a long holiday weekend to me!

No comments: