Wednesday, July 27, 2011

didn't i walk on the water -- jeremiah yocum

As I kneel in the darkness in the middle of the night
I’m praying for assurance everything’s gonna be alright
Lord I see another battle out in front of me
I’m afraid I won’t be able and I’ll go down in defeat

The day we found out she had a grade 3 IVH -- praying for hours everything would be okay

And He said, I walked on the water and I calmed the raging sea
I spoke to the wind, it hushed and I gave you peace
Didn’t I run to your rescue didn’t I hear you when you called
I walked right beside you just so you wouldn’t fall
Didn’t I leave all of Heaven just to die for your sin
I searched until I found you and I’d do it all again

My first miracle baby :)
He said, do you remember where I brought you from
Just take a look behind you at how far you’ve come
And everytime you asked me, didn’t I deliver you
So why would you be thinking that I wouldn’t see you through

Hours after birth -- thinking this would be our only picture of her

 
Now she’s talking to her father in a house that was once a home
She said my bills are coming due Lord and six days is not that long
She hears a voice so still and low
It says I’ve moved like that before
And I’ll do this little thing and I’ll give you so much more

First time my mama held June -- 2.5 months old


Just discovered this song and I'm in love. Like a lot of songs, it reminds me of our time spent in the hospital with June and it also reminds me of the season of life we're in now.
 
No matter where you are -- no matter what you've done -- no matter how bad your future looks -- there's hope. Your life could be in shambles, but still know there is One who can begin to heal it all in ways you never thought could or would happen.

1 comment:

Judy said...

well said stephanie....and thank you for reminding me of all my blessings!

Hugs!
Judy