Sunday, July 24, 2011

featherlocked -- and a bunch of randoms!

Okay, first things first. Friday, I did something that's REALLY out of character for me. I love it when people do unique things to themselves....hair, makeup, tattoos, etc....but I have a super hard time committing to it for myself. That said, I went to get my hair cut Friday. I told her my usual -- long, lots of layers so I can tease it to be the size of Texas, sideswept bangs, etc. But then.
THEN.
My cousin convinced me to get featherlocked!
Proof:


See it? It's purple! I love it! I told her I wanted it to be easily hid because I wasn't sure if I was going to like it on myself or not....but I LOVE IT! My cousin bought the tools to do it (she's awesome at stuff like that) and I got a dark turquoise one to go with it. Now I wish I had put it on the top of my hair! Go get yourself one, you'll probably love it too! BTW -- if you live in the Montgomery area, Missy at Garbos Salon is AMAZING! Thanks, Missy!

Secondly. I was browsing around in Bed, Bath & Beyond (better known as BBB to me) I stumbled upon this little gem:

 Supposedly this takes the place of regular soda. My cousin said she tried it once & it really did taste the same -- it's supposed to be cheaper and it's less calories, etc. I think the machine was about $90 (give or take a few) and the refills are $6 each, I believe. They have every flavor imaginable, even coke zero!
I kind of want one now.



 Yesterday we had a birthday party to go to....miss Aubrey Nicole was turning THREE! I can not believe it. I remember the day she was born. I remember helping her mama (who was only 16 years old and has since become the most amazing teenage mother I have ever met -- at 19 years old she will be graduating in four weeks with her Associates Degree and I am SO proud of her!) breathe and push her way through a natural childbirth. I don't have any pictures from her party because I left my camera at home (go me!) but I did get this one on my cell before we left:


Yes, I really do get that pose every single time we take a picture.
And please excuse the long grass -- it was cut while we were at the party. :)

I hope ya'll had a great weekend! I am exhausted and ready to take a nap..and it's only 8:30 in the morning!




2 comments:

Ms. Emmy N said...

Love the feather!! And I have never heard of that soda machine.. I may have to look into getting one for myself, because i love diet coke, but try to never let myself drink it. Cute pic.. love the sweet pose! :)

Jessca said...

I love the hair! Very different but LOVE it!!! =)