Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Little Things plus a Meal Plan

Happy Tuesday to you, blog friends!
 
 
Sara ended last week on a great note!
She write her first book report on Maya Amge;pi and got an A!
One proud mama here. :)
 
We had a really great weekend, and I hope you did, too!
First of all, we celebrated Valentines Day here at the house on Friday.
 
 


 
That afternoon I had an infusion appointment, then we picked up the girls from school and headed the hour and a half west to drop them off with my parents.
They stayed Friday night with my dad (and we enjoyed a steak supper at Bush's!), Saturday with my mom, and my dad picked them up again Sunday.
 
 
So....this meant a kid-free weekend for us. I didn't know what to do with myself!
So....I slept a lot. And it was amazing. We shopped. We ate a ton of great food.
But I missed my girls - even though I knew they were having a blast.
I was more than ready to go get them yesterday afternoon and get home and back in our routine!
Saturday night, instead of fighting the obnoxious Valentine crowd,
Mike opted to go into Fresh Market and cook something delicious at home.
 
 
Ribeyes, bacon wrapped scallops, twice baked potatoes, roasted asparagus and cherry tomatoes, and rosemary sea-salt bread. YUM! He did good!
 
 
He also brought me home an orchid - it's so pretty!
He did this for me on Valentines when I was expecting Sara.
Brings back good memories. :)
 
So that was our weekend! I didn't get a chance to post our meal plan yesterday because we were either at an appointment or in the road all day, so I'll share that now. Nothing exciting this week because I feel like I'm working a full time job with the appointments I have going on. I have infusion 3 days this week, Atlanta one day, two Bible studies (which I'm NOT disappointed about!) plus all the toher regular things. I tell you, working moms have my hand clap. They deserve it.
 
Monday: scrambled eggs, bacon, jelly biscuits
Tuesday: steak burgers with the fixings, pasta salad
Wednesday: homemade bbq chicken pizza with mozzarella, black olives and mushrooms
Thursday: chicken alfredo and salad
Friday: ribs on the grill, bacon wrapped green beans, mac & cheese
Saturday: baked ziti, salad
Sunday: Greek tacos
 
I hope ya'll have a great Tuesday and I will see you again soon!

 
 

No comments: