Friday, March 20, 2015

Bone Marrow Biopsy Results!

Okay, so today I TYPICALLY would be putting up a "5 on Friday" post that you could link to with a few other bloggers.
 
But...not today.
Because I'm not typical.
(Did ya'll hear that huge roar of AMENS from my family and friends?!)
 
No, today I've got some news for ya'll!
Big news - amazing news!

So, picture it.
East central Alabama, 2015.
I'm standing in my kitchen.
I've got spaghetti and meatballs going on the stove,
two little girls singing in the shower, washing their hair,
and my husband is playing the Wii-U, laid out on the couch like a boss.
(Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets the Golden GIrls reference...)
 
Mike's phone rings.
He answers.
"It's the transplant doctor," he says with a surprised, uneasy look on his face.
 
Oh, no. Oh no oh no oh no oh no!
 
I take the phon. My voice is shaking and I'm trying not to cry.
I just know it's not good news.
My BMT doctor has never called me personally before.
 
But...it was good news.
The final report from my last biopsy came in, and this chick is still 100% leukemia free!
 
NO LEUKEMIA CELLS DETECTED!
 
After I scolded the doctor for scaring the cotton picking mess out of me
(it's okay - we have that kind of relationship!)
I cried. The tears flowed. But they are happy tears!
 
13 months cancer-free without chemo
AND STILL COUNTING!