Wednesday, July 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

 
I sat down this evening while things are winding down for the day to blog, and after staring at a blank screen for a few minutes I decided to go through  my blog roll to get some inspiration - stumbled upon this so I joined up! Here's what I'm supposed to blog about:
 

 
What we're eating this week.
 

 
This pizza was UH-MAZE-ING. Seriously. It's a trendy little joint downtown on the Chattahoochee called Your Pie. Mine had sundried tomatoes, spinach, mozzarella, mushrooms, pepperoncini, and I'm probably forgetting something. It came with tofu, but I opted out because I truly enjoy a good veggie pizza.


Who doesn't love a good rice Krispie Treat? Especially when your husband makes them with your girls and brings you a warm, melty bite.:)
 
What I'm reminiscing about.
-- Always, always about days gone by. Days when my girls were babies. Days when Mike and I were in our first year of marriage and it was just us, living it up in England. when I was pregnant with  my girls. When I was healthy and could live a normal life. Days before leukemia and cancer and premature babies wrecked our world.
 
What I'm loving.
-- Honestly? This is going to sound so geeky, but I'm really loving the new budget we creaed and are sticking to.
 
What I've been up to.
-- Pokémon Go. I know, I know. I caved. But we have SO MUCH FUN as a family! We go down to the Riverwalk every night that we can and walk (or roll!). Sometimes I sit with the girls at the splash pad/park while Mike rides his bike. It's really great.
 
What I'm dreading.
-- Starting back to school. :(
 
What I'm watching/reading.
-- The Bible. Honestly. That's all I have time for - or all that I make time for, anyway. I love audiobooks....I need to get a new one. And I'm not watching anything except YouTube.
 
What I'm working on.
-- Getting tings ready for the new school year!
 
What I'm excited about.
-- Our trip to Florida in September! Almost two weeks of vacation and I cannot WAIT!
 
What I'm listening to.
-- Honestly, nothing specific. Kids CDs or Adventures in Odyssey most days.
 
What I'm wearing.
-- Haha. Nothing great, for sure. Lots of lightweights because it's SO HOT here in Alabama!
 
What I'm doing this weekend.
-- Hmm....I think it will be a relaxed weekend. Saturday my mom and I are going to a big town yard sale a couple towns over - it's all inside, so I will have an easy time getting around. I love yard sales but can't really get out and do it anymore. The girls have karate. Sunday is the usual church and family time.
 
What I'm looking forward to next month.
-- Kicking off the school year. Seeing my cousin from Arizona. Having a yard sale to get rid of this extra junk!
 
What else is new?
 
 
Mike got his first pair of glasses (reading glasses from the Dollar Tree) yesterday! I think he's so handsome in them. He's been needing some for a while, especially to help a night while driving and reading. He's going to an official appointment to get "real" ones this week.
 
 

1 comment:

Mica said...

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mica Craig and I live in Savannah, Ga. I found your blog when I was looking at one of Kelly's Korner "show us your life" series. I found your story so interesting that I went back and read it all! Took me a while! I am amazed at your strength as a mother and wife. You are a survivor. Your style of writing is so good in that you feel like you know the person. I become very "close" (in a blog way) with the blogger. I care about you and what happens in your family. I will worry about you and your family when you don't post. I just wanted you to know that I enjoy your blog and I am amazed at the woman you are. Hope all is well. Take care.