Thursday, July 21, 2016

Down Days and a Visitor

Today has just been one of those days. For the past three or so days, my back/hip/legs have been hurting. Sometimes, when I'm in my wheelchair, the ache is too much and I have to get out. Which has landed me on the couch or in the bed a lot more than usual. But I'm working with it and  ya'll know I do not give up. However, giving up doesn't mean I don't get down or depressed. Because I do. We all do, and you're lying if you say you don't. I get so frustrated that I am not the same mother I was a few years ago. I can't drive my girls to the park on a whim. Our outings are now carefully planned around my moms "rest time" (because she is our driver), doctors appointments, infusions, etc. I can't spend the a afternoon at the mall with the kids. I can't decorate my house the way I used to because I'm unable and we all know men could care less. I can't go grocery shopping or even on a carefree day of shopping with no specific plan because I have to worry about what stores are most important and how many times of getting the wheelchair in and out and how long will someone will be able to help push me before they wear out.
 
Ugh.
 
I'm done whining. So - on a much brighter note - these little guy was hanging out by the garden, chomping on a green tomato!
 
 
How cool! He's no stranger to our yard. I don't know where he comes from, but we've found him hanging out back there at east half a dozen times over the past almost 9 years that we've been here. He was going to town on that tomato!
 
Here in Alabama, it is HOT HOT HOT! It's ridiculous. Du to the heat, we've had a problem with ants. The pest control guy, miracle worker that he is and has been for several years, is on his way to my house right now to take care of the nasty little things. Bless him!
 
 
 

No comments: