Thursday, July 7, 2016

Stone Mountain 2016

Last week we were able to go on an overnight getaway to Stone Mountain. I've only been once before and I don't really remember much. Mike grew up near there and went multiple times a week as a kid. This was our girls first time. And it won't be our last!
This is the view that greeted us:
 
 
I mean, seriously. Can this be my front yard please?

 
I didn't get a whole lot of pictures because I vowed that I would not spend so much time behind the camera and enjoy the time with my family.

 
The carving on the side of the mountain is HUGE. It doesn't look big at all fro the ground, but they say you can fit two school buses on the back of the horse. They also say a gown man can take shelter from the rain in the ear of the horse. That's huge!

 
First thing we did was take the skylift up the mountain. Had a picnic on the top of the mountain and enjoyed the beautiful view.

 
Later that night we enjoyed the free laser light show.


 
We headed back to the hotel after the show and hi the sack. The next morning we enjoyed a beautiful, delicious buffet breakfast at the hotel and then headed out for some sight seeing. They have SO many different attractions there, but we saved our second set of tickets for another time and just did the exhibits and nature trails All of which, by the way, are wheelchair accessible! I was so happy to be able to go do some things with everybody else! And - all of these things are free!

 
I think everybody can appreciate a good covered bridge!


No comments: