Friday, June 24, 2016

5 on Friday Linkup

Hey ya'll! Happy Friday to you. Today I'm inking up with a great blog for 5 on Friday .


| O N E |

 
This is not the greatest picture, but I love this piece we have hanging above our bed. It was handmade by a dear man I have known all my life. He's known as a "junker" (picture the show American Pickers) and he loves making something out of nothing. He carved this and stained it for us. He signed it on the back. We rarely get to see him these days, but he is so special to us. This piece is especially dear because he's had a stroke and probably won't be doing much of these things anymore. This is one of my most treasured pieces in my home.
 
| T W O |

 
Looks silly, right? But this laptop is a lifesaver! We have a desktop but it's in an awkward corner of our bedroom and it's not comfortable to get to it in my wheelchair. Mike had to purchase this laptop for work last year & I had never even paid attention to it until I saw him use it one day. The screen rotatoes into a tablet and it's touch screen. I LOVE IT! It's so easy for me to use with my poor eyesight. This is why I've been able to get back into blogging more!
 
 
| T H R E E |
 

 
 
I scored this Michael Kors wallet in Atlanta. She's a pretty little thing and I LOVE it! My sister had went with me to one of my checkups there and afterwards, we went for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory (one of our favorites) and did a little shopping after. She convinced me into going to the MK store (not that I put up much resistance)  and we both ended up with one of these! I think after the sales I paid  about $45. It was originally about $110, I believe.
I don't know about you, but I consider that a win. :)

 
 
 
 | F O U R |



 
Today is our eleventh dating anniversary! I can't even believe it. 11 years ago today, just before lunch, I wrote down what I wanted to say on a piece of paper and practiced it a million times before I called Mike's shop and asked for "Senior Airman O'Neill, please." I asked him if he'd like to get dinner and a movie later - and he said yes! And here we are, 11 years later. We have never celebrated this day before,, but we are this year. I ordered this awesome tie clip with the longitude and latitude of our first date on one side (in jolly old England!) and "143 2" on the back. I never knew 143 was code for "I love you" and so when he e-mailed me that while I was back in the States and he was still in England during our engagement, I responded bac with 143 2. Yes, we're nerds. Wouldn't have it any other way! I got this from Pink Lemon Design on Etsy.I love everything about it.
 
| F I V E |
 
 

I saved the best for last. I purchased this dress from Magnolia & Co. Boutique this week and I'm n love. I've known the girl who owns it for several years, way back when she and my younger sister worked together in high school. Such a sweet girl, very hard working, honest and humble. I left a lengthy review on her Facebook page and you should definitely go check it out. I'll say that it's completely perfect Don't think I'm saying that because I know her or because I'm affiliated because neither of those are the case. And while you're there, you should check out the inventory - you won't be disappointed!

Now! I'm logging off all social media for the rest of the evening so I can go get ready for a hot date with this handsome military guy that's pretty charming.
I think I see a future with him. Who knows? :)

No comments: