Tuesday, October 30, 2012

happy birthday, michael!

31 years ago today, my mother-in-law Kelly welcomed her  first & only into this world.
I wouldn't meet him until June 8, 2005, when he was 23.
We were married on December 23, 2005 (he was 24 & I was 20).
That seems like forever ago & it seems like we were only babies then!
 
Right after we were married -- around 2006 in Oxford, England
 
Summer 2008 -- Sara's first trip t the beach -- and our first trip as parents!
 
 
He's always been an amazing father,hands down. No doubt about it.
He loves his girls with all of his heart & no one can dispute that!
 
At the Ronald McDonald house in Orlando when June was in the NICU.
 
He loves to fish, and he's pretty good at it!
 
 
He proudly serves his country in the USAF and will be deploying early next year.
I don't know what the future holds for either one of us
ut Iknow that He holds our future in His hands...
His blessed hands.

Re-enlisting under the flag at Childrens
with our baby girl fighting in the hospital behind us.
Proud doesn't begin to describe.
 
 The morning after I delivered June Claire.
 

Today we were able to spend a little family time together apart from chemo,
and tonight I made chili and his favorite dessert for supper.
He LOVES dirt cake & although he says I get better at it every time,
I know I haven't quite mastered it yet.
One day I hope to make it like his Grandma makes it for him.
 

Dear Michael,
I am so thankful to have spent the past 7 years with you.
We've had our ups & downs,
fall-ins & fall-outs,
You've put your foot down & I've stomped mine a lot.
But you have always been my best friend
the one I could count on
the one I could run to
the one I could cry to
You have been there for me the last year in a way that I never imagined.
I'll never forget you walking into the hospital room
and showing me that you'd shaved your head because mine was starting to go bald.
No matter where this road takes us...
no matter wat rivers and borders separate us...
where you go, I will go
and where you plant, I will bloom.
 143
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: