Friday, February 18, 2011

What I'm Loving


I've always been a product junkie,
but recently I've turned into QUITE the make-up addict.
I've started trying new brands,
and have discovered a few things that I just love and can't seem to put down.
I'm about to share with ya'll some things that have
CHANGED MY LIFE.
Or....just made it a little more fun. ;)





#1 - Smashbox foundation primer.
I LOVE this stuff.
It was a little pricey ($32) but well worth it.
I even got my little sister hooked!
However, next time I think I may try something different.
Perhaps....a little cheaper.
We shall see.


#2 - Benefit boi-ing/eye bright duo. I found this at Ulta for $12, and it's aaaaaaamazing!

*cue angels singing*

Before, I had some brightener and eye primer made by NYC,that came in a eyeshadow palette thing from them. FYI -- it works great.But this? Beats it out of the park. (Also? The shimmering stuff by ELF for $1works just as good as the stuff by NYC. Actually...I still use the ELF stuff every once in a while.)

#3 - Elf lipstick in Natural Nymph. This is SO great. It's a creamy nude color. I like to put light pink gloss over it, or even use it as a base for other lipstick. It was $5 or $6, and honestly?
I'm really happy & surprised with Elf lipsticks.
I just ordered another one this week. I hope it's just as good!




#4 - the Colossal Volume Express mascara

by Maybelline

This stuff is so great. I like it even better than

the Falsies mascara I used for FOREVER.

It does hold a close second to that mascara

that comes in the pink & green tube....LOVE that stuff!



#5 - Neutrogena make-up remover towels

Love this stuff. I have skin that irritates easily

and these work great.

One towel will take off all my make-up.



One thing that I AM looking for, is a good night cream.

Ya know....gotta start preventing those wrinkles sometime.

Anyone have any good recommendations

that are in a decent price range?

Right now I'm using some Oil of Olay stuff

er....actually it's the Wal-Mart version of it.


And something I'm coveting....these jumbo hot rollers! I want these sooo bad...but I'm not giving in.

However, should my husband and/or mama see this...

it WOULD make a pretty awesome birthday gift next month!

Just sayin'....






2 comments:

HappyascanB said...

Christmas before last, my sister in law and I went to Ulta together. She showed me her eyeliner, which was Smashbox. I bought some and an eyeliner brush. NEVER had I EVER spent $48 on such! But I still use that eyeliner and it's awesome!

I'm a huge fan of the Maybelline Stilleto Lash mascara! LOVE!

Maybe jumbo rollers are what I need. I really want to try to go for the big, soft curls. Think those would be the ticket?

Stephanie@SweetTeaAndSunshine said...

I'll have to try that eyeliner. I really do love this foundation primer....it makes my make-up stay on FOR.EV.ER. I've been wanting to check out that Stiletto Lash mascara, too!

I think the rollers might be your ticket. I have a big curling iron, which gets the job done and it looks good, but it takes a little more time than what I have to spend. I used velcro curlers one time and my hair was BIG. I loved it!