Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Top 2 Tuesday -- Things you've learned from your parents or grandparents.

{This was supposed to have published on Tuesday....sorry ya'll!}

This week we're staying in my hometown....yay! I LOVE my hometown. When we get off the interstate and I see that big dairy farm across the road, I feel such peace. When I drive down the road a little bit and start passing cotton fields, my heart starts beating fast. When we turn onto the dirt road leading to my mama's house, the kids start getting excited and Laney (the dog) starts jumping all over everybody in the car (she has even been known to jump out the window that was only halfway down!) Love it.

I found this blog last night & thought I'd link up to this blog carnival thing today. This week it's about things you've learned from your parents or grandparents. I'll do one for
grandparents and one for parents.
 Here we go!

This is hard because my parents are not married, so I've really had to thing about ONE thing both of my parents have taught me. I think it will be that you should always, ALWAYS have a kind heart and be ready to help someone if they are in need. Like I mentioned in my last blog post, my daddy will give a man the shirt off his back. And if my mama hears that there are kids who need new clothes or a baby that is coming to a family who may be in need....she has been known to buy whole wardrobes, cribs, strollers/car seats, etc.

From my grandparents, I've learned that true love is worth working for. My fathers parents were married until my grandfathers death in the early 90's. They had six children, all doorstep. My mothers parents were married until my grandaddy's death in 1990. They had five children. I've heard stories from them of hard times, times where they felt like giving up, times when my grandma contemplated taking a cast iron skillet to my grandaddy's behind (haha!), times when they thought they could not go on any more. But they did. And look at our family now. :)

No comments: