Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Answered prayers





Nine months ago,
our little June Claire came 13 weeks early.
When she was a week old,
they told us she had something called an IVH
or Intra-Ventricular Hemorrhage.
A brain bleed. Grade III.
I will never forget those few moments.
Dr. Lugo came in, talked to us for a few seconds,
then shut the door to her room.
Her nurse, Carrie (our favorite) blinked back tears.
I remember feeling so shocked.
I knew he was about to tell us something bad.
My brain started going crazy with all the possibilities
of what he was possibly about to tell us.
In my head, I started praying and repeating Scripture.
I'm glad no one could hear it,
because I'm not sure I finished one thought before I began the next.

As he explained her situation and everything that entailed,
the tears started to come.
I never felt angry.
I felt so very sad for my precious baby,
because having such brain trauma and damage
can leave breathtakingly painful scars
on such a beautiful life.

About five minutes in,
I decided I wasn't going to feel sorry for her...
OR for us.

God had made her perfectly in His sight
and whatever He planned was mighty fine with me.

For the past 9 months
we have went to hundreds of therapy appointments,
had countless brain scans,
tried oh-so-hard not to bounce her too hard,
and I have prayed almost every single time
I've gotten in a car that we would NOT have a car accident.
I would have nightmares about getting slightly rear-ended
and how that would effect her little brain.

Well, friends.
My God is a God that answers prayer.
On Friday, February 4th, at a routine doctors appointment
the doctor told us she was concerned.
June's head had grown a great deal
and she was worried that her IVH was becoming active again.

We started to pray.
My mind went crazy again, as is natural.
But still, we prayed.
And so did a LOT of other people we know.
And even some we DON'T know.

On Monday, February 7th, we had another brain scan.

On Tuesday, February 8th, June's doctor called.

June's bleed has resolved itself
and there is NO need for future follow-up!

Honestly, my entire family has been on cloud 9 for the past week!
There is no news like good news, and that was the BEST news
I could have asked for!

Thank you ALL so much for your thoughts and prayers
for us on this journey.
They've surrounded us and kept us steady
when we would have been weak and unsure.
May God bless you all!


3 comments:

mama bee said...

Such a great, great call. Congrats, and Praise God! He is so good, especially to our little miracles.

HappyascanB said...

CHILLS! Love this news! God is so good!

Lora said...

reading this i can't get the chorus of "our God" out of my head...

our God is Healer
awesome in power
our God!

yaaaaay!