Monday, May 9, 2016

Menu Plan Monday 5.9-5.15

Hey ya'll! It's time for another Meal Plan Monday.
Last week, we didn't get to hardly any recipes I had planned.
Monday, my mom made copycat Chik-Fil-A chicken nuggets (SO GOOD!), green beans and rice. Tuesday we had Taco Bell. :o Wednesday we had an early Mothers Day tea at church, so we ate there. Thursday we had french toast and sausage. Friday was beef stroganoff and roasted cabbage. Saturday we had a birthday party that we ate at, and Sunday Mike took us out for Mother's Day to an amazing little Italian restaurant. I had the veggie linguine - it was so good!

DId ya'll have a good Mothers Day? I did. Mike got up before us and made my mom (who lives with us) and myself coffee, and he was making oatmeal with fresh berries on top for us when we stumbled into the kitchen. That was a nice treat. He cooks very well, but he doesn't cook often (other than grilling in the summer) so it was an extra special treat. That works out fine for me because I enjoy cooking. :) We spent some time riding country roads, had lunch at the great Italian restaurant mentioned above, and spent a little time at the pier on the lake. Then he planted some tomatos , I broke in my new lounge chair in the sunshine, and my mom rested. It was awesome!

Now....let's get on to yummier things!


Monday:  potato leek soup (from Taste of Home magaine, but I can't find a link online)
Tuesday: tacos (with mine on red bell pepper wedges)
Wednesday: pasta with ground beef and a four cheese sauce, served with fresh snapped green beans
Thursday: BLTs with pasta salad
Friday: Gyros
Saturday: tuna noodle casserole with sweet peas on the side
Sunday: ribs in the crockpot and finished on the grill fried green tomatoes, mashed potatoes

I also posted a YouTube video on my channel about this - you can check it out!


And as always, go check out Organizing Junkie for some great inspiration!

1 comment:

Evelina said...

I really want to try growing tomatoes! I will happily take any tips!
Evelina @ Fortunate House