Friday, May 6, 2016

Five on Friday! 5/6/16

Happy Friday, ya'll! I love reading all of  the Five on Friday  links every week. It's a great way to kick off the weekend! I'm linking up this week and will spend my "down time" this afternoon reading the other links. :)


 | O N E |

This sweet girl right here is my mini-me. Sara is 8 now and she is on FIRE! 
I have apologized to so many people in the past few weeks for how I must have acted when I was her age. I"m still applogizing. I don't think I will ever be done. She is never still. She asks seven jillion questions every second and never stops creating ways to do things.
If I open a cabinet or drawer to see it changed and "re-organized" on emore time, I might scream.
Of course, this only annoys me because I AM JUST LIKE THAT. I want it organized MY way and rarely stop to consider that...someone else in the world may be like me. :o

| T W O |

 This happened the other night. I have  never had any tea other than sweet iced tea before in my life. Even with my years living in England. But I got a hankering for a hot cup of something, and I didn't want to have coffee at 8:30 at night.
And it wasn't bad. There's more of it in my future. 

| T H R E E |
 
 This boy right here has my heart. He is so strong! FIrst of all, he's put up with me for almost 11 years, and that right there is enough to crown him King of All Things Calm and Patient. 
But he's going through chemo now, and still found the energy and wherewithal to cut grass this week.  Last week he was in the bed sick 24/7, but this week he only had one day of chemo and seems to be feeling better. He'll be back to feeling awful soon enough, so we're enjoying the good days while they are here. :)

| F O U R |
 
 I'm hooked on this breakfast lately. It's delicious!
It's scrambled eggs (or fried hard, I like to change it up), topped with salami I've warmed up in the pan with some spinach and mushrooms, topped with feta. I prefer it with fruit on the side,
 usually a banana or berries.
Ya'll should try it. You won't regret it.

| F I V E |
 
 
I'm sooo excited to share this! Miss June Claire finished Kindergarten!
Both girls actually finished their school year yesterday, and I didn't get a picture of Sara, because as you can imagine - it was total chaos once I announced it was O V E R! 
I think I've mentioned before that we started homeschooling this year and let me just be honest here, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do it. It's not easy work and if someone ever tells you that it is, they are lying straight through their teeth. I have gained a whole new respect for public school and private school teachers now. I only have two students. They have around 20, give or take. I would have been in the psychiatric ward, I believe. 

I hope ya'll have a great weekend!
 

No comments: