Friday, May 20, 2016

Five on Friday 5.20


Ya'll know I love me some Five on Friday! 
Head on over to check these great ladies out and enjoy the linky party they host.
It's a great way to discover other bloggers.





Here are my five things I have been enjoying this past week:

Fresh produce. I can't get enough of it! We have some sort of fresh produce almost the whole year here in Alabama. Our farmers markets or roadside stands don't shut down until around November/December, and will open up again around February. Some places stay open year round and will bring in things from Florida. Also, fresh eggs and local meats are always available.
Shop local, ya'll! Not only is it better for your body, but small businesses are the best way to go, hands down. They are vital to your community, no matter how big or small.
 

These girls are the best! I have two tomboys that can also be princesses - what better can you ask for? Not afraid to bait their own hook and are looking forward to climbing up in a tree stand with daddy one day, but also likes to wear big hairbows and dress up with mama. Best of both worlds. :)


 This, my friends, is my new favorite breakfast. Steel cut oats with fresh berries and coffee. I've also been including a fruit smoothie, which is GREAT! I add in whatever fruits I have on hand, milk and a scoop of Reliv, and it helps fill me up!

  
We have been existing on snowcones lately. In other parts of the world, it may be known as shaved ice - but here in southeastern Alabama, it's snowcones! My favorite flavor is Fuzzy Navel, but my cousin had the Pina Colada flavor at her daughters birthday party, so I tried it. Instant love.
I sound like a lush, but I promise there was no alcohol involved!
And even way out here in the country, the ice cream truck comes by - on Sundays in the afternoon, no less! Here, Sundays in the summertime  = relaxing in my lounge chair out back while my kids play in their little pool/sprinkler, reading a good book and at 2 pm, getting a strawberry snowcone delivered to me. :)


We completed our first year of homeschooling last week!
Sara finished second grade and June finished Kindergarden! 
She didn't know she had a diploma coming and was so surprised and happy!
I'm so proud of both my girls AND myself for taking on this task and doing it with our whole hearts. Both got A honor roll!

No comments: