Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Relay for Life 2013

Every year, our town host a Relay for Life at the high school football field.
The past two years, I've been invited to participate, given a t-shirt and walked the Survivors lap.
Last year, I went around the track in a wheelchair.
This year....I walked.
Next year I will run!

My moms company has had a booth set up both years. There are different booths set up over the field with games, face painting, information, etc.
Some family went with us, and the little ones had a blast!







I used to think that this sort of thing was a bit silly.
Ya'll know the survivor ribbons that people put on their cars?
I thought they were silly, too.
Now I don't, though.
If you've ever had cancer, you are PROUD to survive it!
You want to shout it to the world and let everybody know YOU DID IT!

My mom, Sara and myself representing my mom's company in our Relay t-shirts!


Relay for Life 2012, 6 months post diagnosis. 

I'm looking forward to Relay for Life 2014.
Then I will be cancer survivor times TWO!

No comments: