Monday, March 7, 2011

Weight loss, week 1


Hope ya'll had a great weekend! It was pretty good here. It rained all day long Saturday (or so it felt!) and now the temps have definitely dropped. Ugh, would summer just come on already?? I don't like this weather!

Today ends the first week of March. Where has the time gone?? Anyway, I weighed in today.

February 1: 220.0 pounds
March 1: 214.6 pounds
March 7: 211.0 pounds

That's a loss of 3.6 pounds in a WEEK! I am so flippin' excited! I haven't really worked out as much as I should have, but I am really, really starting to watch what I put in my mouth. And you know what? Physically, I feel so much better. I feel....lighter. I feel like I have more energy. I would probably feel happier, but I have some tough stuff going on in my personal life right now that counteracts that. I said at the beginning I would take pictures at every 10 pound weight loss, so if I hit that this week (fingers crossed!) I will post them. I'm just taking this thing 10 pounds at a time. I'm not setting any goals for myself other than that. I did not gain this weight in a month (more like 3 years) so I'm not expecting to lose it in a month. Or even six months. This isn't a fad diet for me. This is a lifestyle change, a permanent change so that my children will know clean eating and healthy living.

In other news, there is a job I have applied for that I would LOVE to have...please say a prayer and/or cross all your fingers for me?! I have been ready to go back to work for a while, but with June having therapy each week, I know it will be hard to find something that will let me off consistently like that each week. But this job gets off at noon on Fridays -- so I could still take her, and who doesn't love getting off early on Friday?!

Hope ya'll have a wonderful Monday!

4 comments:

Just Brandi said...

Yay! Congrats to you!!!
Can't wait to see those 10 lb. pictures!!!
Keep up the good work!

Ktater said...

Stephanie, I am probably one of the last people to work out and you are honestly inspiring me to want to. Just how proud you are of yourself. You make me want to be that proud of myself! Keep up the good work! You are doing this for you but you are definitely helping other people along the way!!

mama bee said...

Nice job, keep it up!! I heart your blog, it makes me think of summer on a dreary MI day.

HappyascanB said...

Way to go!!!! You're off to a fantastic start!

Prayers for the job to work out for you!!