Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rain is a good thing!

Yesterday June had therapy, and afterwards we met our friends at the local park for a walk. Her son just turned a year old, and we both have dogs. I realized Delaney needs to be walked a LOT more like that! At home, we have a big fenced in back yard that she can just run in, and we take her on a few walks with us every week -- but it's just on our little road. At my mom's, there is several acres that she just runs and plays on. Well, I realized after fighting with her the WHOLE walk because she wanted to murder the squirrels and ducks, that we need to work on obedience. She didn't even want anything to do with the other dog trying to give her massive doggy kisses! She was so focused on those squirrels and ducks. Trying to walk a dog who is trying to kill things and pushing a stroller with a cranky 10-month old who is eating the heck out of some crackers? Interesting. To say the least. But hey -- I got a good hour of walking in, so I was happy!

(There may or may not have been a funny story of how I told a random dog that was following us to leave. In southern speak. If you're not from the South, you probably have no clue what I'm talking about. But it worked, and provided Vanessa, who is from Alaska, with some laughs!)

***Edited to add what I said to the dog...haha. If you've ever been to the South, you've probably heard people holler something that is SUPPOSED to be "Get on out of here, dog!" to animals that run up in the yard. Except it comes out more like, and I'm dying laughing as I type this, "Gahonouttahean" except you don't pronounce the t sound in the middle. LOL! I told ya'll I was from the country!**
Last night, my cousins came over and we watched THREE movies after the girls went to bed. Nanny McPhee (so cute!), Devil, and Burlesque.

#1 -- I will never get into an elevator again.
#2 -- Cam Gigandet is very good lookin'.
#3 -- Don't watch a scary movie after midnight if you want to sleep at all.



This is what it looks like here today. We will NOT be venturing outside, needless to say, so at least all of the laundry will get caught up & the house will get clean.

Or so I hope.



1 comment:

HappyascanB said...

So did you "shoo" the dog away? :)

The rain is headed our way for sure. I just had someone cancel a meeting b/c he can't get out of Atlanta due to traffic and said they are under a flood warning!?!