Thursday, March 3, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday

Gracious Southern Living has started a "Weigh Less Wednesday" linky party every week. I didn't join in last week, but I thought I would this week. She posted an AMAZING recipe for an orange cream cake (that's only 4 WW points per serving!). I made it once and plan on making it again this week. I love that it's something that will satisfy my sweet craving and doesn't have a load of calories in it. Plus, while I like orange cream...it's not my absolute favorite, so I don't want to keep eating and eating and eating and eating and eating until the whole cake is gone. :)

This is one of our favorite healthy recipes. It's a WW meatloaf, but you'd never know it was WW. 

3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup minced onion
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (I always used dried)
1 tbsp. brown sugar
2 egg whites
1.5 pounds ground beef (I usually just do 2 pounds)
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
cooking spray
salt & pepper to season

Combine 1/2 cup kechup, onion & next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Add meat & oats, stir until just blended. Shape mixture into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Brush remaining 1/4 cup ketchup over meat loaf. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

2 slices = 5 WW points (this was with the old system, so it would need to be recalculated.)


Now I've gotten to craving it while reading this! I'll be making it tomorrow night I think. I like to serve it with roasted corn on the cob and mashed potatoes...except I would probably take a salad in favor of the mashed potatoes right now! I've also made it in little muffin pans. The kids love that and it's easy to make a pan on Sunday and have them for lunch the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Judy said...

We love meatloaf (not the singer!) so I'll be making this one too...like you, I think tonight!

Thanks for adding this on my blog and linking to the party. Hope to see you add more whenever you can.

Judy

P.S. Hubby begs me to not make that cake...we eat it waaaay too fast...