Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

We've been running, running, running lately. Last week we left on Tuesday and drove down to my hometown for the Thanksgiving holiday. Michael spent a lot of time fishing with one of my favorite people in the whole world, Bubba. (thanks to a super-sweet person at hometown Wal-Mart for hooking him up with a fishing license for the in-state rate, because $45+ for a fishing license is outrageous!) In all their (many) hours of fishing, they caught ONE tiny little fish. But they still enjoyed themselves. I wish I had gotten a picture. They took Cade, Bubba's 10-year-old son, along with them. Sara was not very fond of this because she couldn't fit on the little boat Bubba has, which meant she had to stay behind. She thinks Cade hung the moon but she was NOT happy that she couldn't go fishing with him. She even packed her little pink pole. :) I did not get one single picture of the three Muskateers fishing, which is a shame.

On Wednesday, a couple more of my favorite people ever came up from south Mississippi.


Bubba's brother, Michael, and his wife, April. Bubba & Michael (and their sister, Lee) are my cousins -- but we were raised in the same household with our grandparents and they are more like siblings to me. We are just that close. Closer than close. Like peanut butter & jelly. Biscuits & butter. Sausage and gravy. Whipped cream & hot chocolate.

You get the drift.

Anyway. Thursday we ate, ate, ate, and ate some more. I cooked green bean casserole. Everybody else cooked a LOT of food and it was GOOD! (Props to my mom for making a FROM SCRATCH red velvet cake just 'cause I asked her to! You did good, mama! Now we know you can cook and you will NOT be left off the hook anymore! *evil laugh*)



Michael & April left and went back to south MS. Had my cryfest, sucked it up and put myself back together. Michael (my husband) went with my mom & Lee shopping while I put the girls to bed, then he came home and I went shopping. At 3 am. To Kohls. And it was heavenly. I get such a rush from Black Friday shopping!

Saturday we slept in until Bubba came banging on the door, telling us he was leaving early to head back home. We all said our goodbyes and I came in to have my little (okay, stupidly huge ) cry fest. I was TOTALLY EXHAUSTED at this point. I was running on about 4 hours of sleep ove the past 48 hours. Threw us all together and went over to another cousins for the AL/AU game. Got overly cocky the beginning of the game and spent the second half sleeping because I was so disappointed with our team....and tired. Next year, boys. Auburn is a great team (even though I bleed crimson through and through!) but I do NOT understand the hooplah about Cam Newton. He ain't the only one on your team, folks!

Sunday we didn't make church because I seriously have been having some horrible body pains lately. I don't know if it's the weather (cold + rainy) or WHAT. It seriously hurts so bad I want to take pain pills when I get up every morning and I NEVER take pain meds! I feel like I'm 85 or something.

And now...I'm spending this week unpacking, cleaning house, decorating outside for Christmas, and then packing it all up again because Michael is going away next week. Story of my life.

No comments: