Saturday, November 20, 2010

Junk-infested garage & a little Christmas decor

Last weekend, we cleaned the garage out. When I say "we", I really mean that Michael did 90% of the work. I did as much as I could in between keeping June happy. We haven't cleaned it out since we've lived here -- and we've been here over 3 years. Let me just say there was SO. MUCH. JUNK! But the garage is so clean and pretty now! We can actually park our car in there, and we can actually move around in there, and I don't have to worry about being bit by a monster from the depths of the junkiness! Don't believe we have a lot of junk? Here it is in the driveway & in the front yard after we pulled it out:





Told ya'll it was bad.

For some reason, I didn't take pictures after we had put it back in. Probably because a certain 5 month old was melting down due to being put down late for bed. At least, that's what I'm going to blame it on. Yeah, that's definitely what I'm going to blame it on. Just trust me when I say -- we got rid of 85% of that stuff, & my husband rocks at organization. Must be the military thing workin' on him!

While we had all the Christmas storage tubs out, M had the bright idea of going ahead and putting up all the Christmas decorations inside the house.

Faint. Fall out. What the heck did he just say? He always rags on people who decorate before Thanksgiving!

After I made sure that's REALLY what he said (and picked myself up off the floor), I agreed. I think we were both feeling the short of the stick last Christmas season, when we got the tree up, oh.....two weeks before Christmas. And I don't think I even did any other decorating. I was expecting June and things were tough. So, anyway -- now that I've bored you all to tears -- here's a few things for your eyes:

This is a peek into just how often Miss Junebug gets held around here!




Top. Eeeek!!! at the dust! Sorry, ya'll -- I'm not perfect. ;)

I had taken more pictures of the rest of the bookcase, but Blogger is being a pain and won't load them correctly. I still have to take pictures of the mantle, the tree itself, the Christmas village, the wreath, & the second little tree -- I'll get that post up later in the week.

I hope ya'll have a great weekend!

No comments: