Monday, August 9, 2010

Random

Uhh...really? It's been over two weeks since my last blog?! Crazy. I have a ton to say and no time to say it, so this is a mish mash of all that's been going on with us. Cause I know we're THAT interesting. :)

1. Home Depot subcontractors are the pits. They have had 4 opportunities to come out now to measure for our new flooring and they have blown us off all 4 times. And all attempts to get our money back through Home Depot have failed. Mama is about to get really, really ugly.

2. I don't like Dodge's! We had a Magnum that we have been wanting to trade in for a while now (hello outrageous mechanic bill each year because it kept messing up!) and we were looking for fun a week ago today at the Ford dealership...and....the car just DIED on us! So we went home with a 2010 Ford Fusion. That I LOVE. And I've never liked Fords....but this car is amazing!

3. The grandparents were in the 31st and 1st...we had so much fun and enjoyed their visit. We are spending Christmas with them in Tampa and cannot wait until then! We plan on taking June back to the NICU at Florida Childrens Hospital in Orlando and seeing all of her nurses, doctors, nurse practicioners, and therapist. I can't wait to show them how much she has grown!

4. Speaking of June, she definitely keeps me busy with all of her appointments. For example, this week we have a therapy appointment tomorrow along with Sara's open house for preschool. Thursday is Sara's first day, June has a doctors appointment in the morning AND in the afternoon. Friday we have another appointment. It is insane!

5. I registered Sara for the MDO program at the Baptist church down the road. We've been there before; I really like it a lot. The program runs twice a week, but right now they only have Thursdays open, so she'll be going then from 9-3. I got it worked out to where June's OT is on Thursdays at 9:30, so that means I don't have to make Sara sit through a very boring therapy session every week! I can't believe my BABY is almost THREE. It breaks my heart right in two.

6. We attended Sara's second birthday party over the weekend. It was held at my hometown community swimming pool and Sara had a BLAST! I got to see a lot of folks from church that I hadn't saw since before we went to FL on vacation in the middle of April.

Shew....I think that may have us caught up. Can I just say -- whoever came up with the term "Stay at Home Mama" must've either been a man or a working mama. Because I NEVER stay at home! I'm very blessed to be able to stay at home, because if I had to work -- I'd probably be let go from having to take June to all of these doctors appointments! My house looks like hurricane Katrina hit it on a good day, and the mountain in the laundry room is waist high. There's unfinished projects spilling out of every cabinet I could stuff them in. Then, I found a great free pre-school curriculum online (more on that later) and trying to sit down with Sara each day and fit the fun stuff into the daily upkeep is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!

But in all of our business, I am making sure to take time out each day to just love on my babies....because they won't be babies for long. :( We play outside each evening and take our walks when it cools down. What's that poem? "Dust and cobwebs will have to wait, so play with your babies before it's too late" or something like that?

No comments: