Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Meal Plan Monday - and a Life Update!

I'm not going to say it.
 
I'm not going to say - "Hey ya'll! I'm baaaaack! I'm going to get into a regular posting schedule! My life has been cray-cray in the nay-nay but I'm going to carve out time for the old blog!"
 
Nope. Not gonna do it.
 
(But I am going to try my best!)
 
First I'll share our weekly meal plan, & then I'll get to the good stuff...
...like the dreaded "update post".
 
Monday: Lunch (everybody was home due to the holiday) steak quesadillas,
 black bean and Havarti dill nachos.
Supper: fried pork chops (seasoned with dry Italian mix, seasoned salt, pepper, oregano), mashed potatoes & homemade gravy, Tuscan steamed broccoli
 
Tuesday:
prosciutto pasta with homemade (from scratch) tomato cream sauce. I'm using this recipe for it - and of course I'm changing a few things up, so I may make a video and share with you guys! I'm adding spinach, parmesan and diced roma tomatoes to the dish. Served with an arugula and spinach salad.
 
Wednesday:
I have an all-day doctors appointment in Atlanta, so it will be sandwiches, leftovers, or pancakes.
Something totally easy and with as least fuss as possible.
(Least fuss? Less fuss? Pardon me, I'm no English major....)
 
Thursday:
Chicken korma, sticky white rice, peas, and naan bread.
Don't get excited - its a jarred sauce from Trader Joe's. :)
But it's DELICIOUS1
 
Friday:
Spinach lasagna roll-ups and salad
Recipe courtesy of the lovely How Jen Does It. Seriously, it's so good. I made them one night a few weeks ago and my family loved them so much, they requested them the next night!
 
Saturday:
beef tis in gravy with mushrooms, corn, and rice
 
Sunday:
chicken and dumplings
 
I'm also cooking a meal for our good friends family this week - he lost his mother and so we are taking some food over there every day. I'm going to make a spaghetti bake one night.
 
If YOU have a meal plan - please share! i'd love to see!
 
 
 
Now on to the life update part!
 
Life is good. It ain't perfect....but it's good.
 
 
First of all, can you BELIEVE how big this girl has gotten?!
Sara is 7 now. Wait, excuse me.
She's SEVEN AND A HALF (even though she just turned 7 in September).
And you better not forget it, either!
She astounds me every day wit her childlike wisdom.
Sometimes I wonder how I produced something like that.
She is an easy child (aside from her sassiness, which I have to admit she gets honest)
and she is a straight-A student.
 
June is doing well, too.
She is not an easy child.
I still love her. Even when she is throwing herself on the floor
when we're getting ready for something and she doesn't want to wear her outfit.
Sorry chick, you cannot wear your nightgown, tights with horses on them and cowboy boots to school. You have a uniform.
Not that you look crazy or anything....
 
Mike's good, I'm good.
I'm going to be posting my 6 month transplant update later this week.
I've been having issues with GVHD - so stay tuned for that, especially if you have any advice
or know someone dealing with it.
 
It's been so warm the past few days in Alabama!
 
 
We've been enjoying LOTS of time at the park -
which I'm a fan of, because I can get some reading done -
and it's warm enough for t-shirts, sandals and the best of all -
NO SOCKS!
NO JACKET!
 
Does life get any better? :)


No comments: