Wednesday, December 19, 2012

shopping, parties, & Christmas -- OH MY!

We started off on Wednesday when my sweet cousin came the hour & a half to our house to go shopping with me for Christmas. I can drive for the most part but being in the city makes me nervous still. This was what her backseat looked like on Thursday morning:
 

They were crammed in the back of her Explorer but they were SO happy to be close together!
This is proof that you don't HAVE to have a 3rd row seat when you have 3 little ones.
They are really nice, but not a necessity.
Will that stop me from wanting a Tahoe or Expedition?
Probably not. :)
 
Saturday we ad a SUPER busy day.
We started the day by going to my mom's  Christmas party that her work through.
It was downtown and just beautiful. They had the most amazing food (macaroni & cheese bar, mashed potato bar, cheese bar, & lots of other goodies!), a DJ playing Christmas music for the kids, a Santa to visit, free Christmas pictures by a professional photographer, and lots of games. My girls had a blast! We went with their little cousins & we were so busy & had such a good time that I barely got any pictures. Here are the two good ones I snagged:
 
Big sister Aubrey & little sister Kathryn -- she knew that beard was fake!
 

My mama and her sweet friend who prayed so hard for me!
 
My mama has been with this company for 26 years.
I cannot even begin to tell you the number of people who ran to me,
 hugging me and telling me how hard they prayed for me.
Some didn't believe it was me -- they thought for sure I would still be showing signs of "being sick." So many. It really touched my heart.
There ARE still good people in the world.
If you don't believe it, come to Montgomery, Alabama. I'll show you personally.
 
Then we had a birthday party for sweet Owen, (pictured above) who turned ONE yesterday!
 
Then with my dad's side of the family.
My four sisters, my brother-in-law, niece & nephew, and my sisters boyfriend, plus my dad & us.
Twelve people up in that house makes for some fun times!
 My mind wandered for a minute and I thought about what it was going to be like when we're all married with children.
Personally, I want 6 or 7 and so does my youngest sister.
 Pretty sure my daddy might want to think about building a bigger house sometime in the near future!
Just kidding, daddy. We will happily make you feel like a stuffed sardine in the old homeplace!
I didn't get any pictures from them that are worth sharing, but I will take better pictures at home & try to sure them with you. My oldest sister Elizabeth made the girls  a beautiful hair bow holder -- think re-purposed old white frame that she painted, super cute owl fabric, chicken wire, and some ribbon she snagged from my house that I had gotten to use in their room. I'll have to share!
 
I hope ya'll had a good weekend. We spent the first part of the week in Atlanta (more on that later) & now Christmas is sneaking up on us! I'm so excited!
 
 

No comments: