Monday, September 17, 2012

our weekend

I think I mentioned it in my last post, but our church was in campmeeting this week.
When I was younger, I really, really looked forward to it every year
because it always meant seeing al my friends from various parts of the country
that we were only able to see at campmeeting time.
There was always new spouses, new babies, new stories & renewed friendship.
I still look forward to seeing those old friends.
As I've gtotten older, though, I anticipate what God will do for His people.
 
I had my little cousin Tiffany along with my two girls this weekend
and you know I took pictures every night before church!
 

Night #1

Night #2

Night #3
 

Night #4

This years preacher
Glenn & Ruth Vollrath



My cousin Jennifer & Ruth.
Ruth's parnts pastored the church we attend for 16 years, I believe.
They were precious, precious people that have gone on to be with the Lord now.
Her mother was my kindergarden teacher and her father was the administor of our private school.
 



The girls had SO much fun playing with all the other children there.
Loads of memories were made.
I am sothankful they have the opportunity to make good friends!
 


I saw this on Facebook this morning & wanted to share.
We had services this week where the Spirit was so sweet & gentle.
Sunday morning several shared testimonies that really touched my heart.
We will never know what's in the future, which is good
but we know exactly what's in the past.
Sometimes it is such a heavy burden to bear...
but if we will just "give up, and let Jesus take over"
then the burden becomes soooo much lighte!



We got a call Wednesday afternoon that Michael's grandmother
was in ICU with congestive heart failure.
He left & went down there, and with many prayers she is at home resting now.
He got in late last night & we went to eat at a easonal restaurant
on the lake called Harbor Docks.
I hadn't been there before but the middle sis works here
and she continuously tralked about their ahi tuna.
So, we decided to give it a try -- and it was SO GOOD!
We'll definitely be going back when it opens again in April.


 
Look what came in the mail last week!
We'll be starting tomorrow & Sara is SO excited!
 
I hope ya'll had a great weekend. We are headed off to Huntsville
in a little while to spend a few day with the oldest sister to help them do some things.








No comments: