Monday, May 17, 2010

Edited because...I'm computer illiterate, and for some reason my picture did not post. Sorry!

June Claire is stable today. I have an amazing story to share about that, actually. Last night Michael called the NICU about 9 pm to check on her. He was told that she had brought her sat (saturation) levels up and things were looking really good for the night. Well, a couple of hours later I got an e-mail from my friend, Sabrina -- I've known her since we started Kindergarten together 20 years ago. She was telling me that she stood in for June for prayer at their church, that her mama felt led for her to do it and that it was a really good prayer time and she just wanted to let me know about it. I mentioned to her that it was funny she said that because we had just gotten good news about June's breathing (something we've been struggling with) and she e-mailed back saying they had prayed around 7 or 8 pm. Right before Michael called, right when the levels started coming up! Praise the Lord! I'm telling you, I was raised with praying folks and I have seen miracles happen before (and I mean MIRACLES -- my aunt being healed of cancer one of them!) but it has never happened to me or my immediate family before, until now -- and it is the best blessing EVER! I get chill bumps every time I think about it.

She is still fighting, she's such a warrior. They attempted a fifth spinal tap last night and were unsuccessful, so they are going to try again today. If they don't get anything this time, I think we are going to refuse any more -- at least for a while. They have to go up on her oxygen every time, close to being at 100%, and that is just not good for a tiny baby who is already struggling with breathing. I think she needs a rest. But that is just my mama instinct, so we are going to pray about it and talk it over with the doctors before we make any final decisions.

I have a few post planned for this week that are non medical related -- I need the break from medical terms for a while. I will still keep you updated on JC, but there will be some other post coming, too.

No comments: