Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Fall, Ya'll!



I'm a little (okay, a LOT) late with hopping on the fall bandwagon. It seems like we have so busy that when I finally do have a little down time, the last thing I want to do is use my brain to write something! But, I promise to get better. But, better late than never!

This is my front door. I know I should replace the flowers in the yellow pail with something more fall appropriate, like mums, but I don't know what else to do with them since they're not dead. I figured the yellow pail was slightly fall appropriate, right? And the wreath -- I made it myself! Late one night I was whining about how I hated the old wreath and it was falling apart, etc. -- and it WAS, 3 years and an international move later!) so I took it all apart and the only part that still resembles the old one are the little bead things. I used my trusty hot glue gun to glue leaves and flowers, used some twine stuff I had bought for another project, and some old ribbon I had been saving for the perfect thing. You can't tell, but the ribbon it's hanging from is orange with little yellow polka dots. So cute!

Funny story about the pumpkins. We had several of my younger cousins (and one not-so-younger cousin, Britni -- love ya!) up a few weekends ago for a fall/Halloween themed weekend. We had planned to go to this big pumpkin patch and spent nearly TWO hours searching for it, all to no avail. So while Britni, Baylee, Sara and I met our mothers for a little fall shopping, Michael took the boys (Blake and Bo) to a pumpkin patch we've never before visited (ahem...Wal-Mart...) and picked out four gorgeous pumpkins. They even carved them while we were away! It was a nice surprise to drive up and see the three jack-o-lanterns lit up by the front door. :)

Have you done any fall decorating? I don't have a lot to use since we've only been married 3.5 years, but I'm slowly building my stock. I've been buying things when they go on clearance the day after Thanksgiving, and I can't WAIT to select a few more things this year!

No comments: