Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Family Pictures 2014

We had our family pictures done about a month ago by my friend, Sabrina.
We have been friends ever since Kindergarten...I remember the first time I rsaw her.
Her daddy brought her into the classroom and was so kind to all of us little ones in there. I just remember him smiling and I remember her mama had cut her sandwich into triangles. She had the blackest hair I had ever seen and it was soooo long. Isn't it funny the things we remember?
Anyhow, now that little girl is grown with three little ones of her own, and she takes some amazing pictures. If you are in the Elmore County, Alabama area, you should definitely contact me for her info. She doesn't do it big, but she does it very, very well.
 
On another note, am I the only one who is awful about getting family pictures made?
The last time we had professional ones done was in 2007, when Sara was 3 months old.
REALLY?! How terrible. I am going to do their pictures in their sweet smocked Christmas dresses, though. And as a matter of fact, one of the dresses they are going to wear was my niece's in the previously mentioned family pictures. She was 7 then. Now my daughter is 7. I need some tissues.
 
Okay, without further adieu, here you go!
 






 
We chose to do them in the cotton field for a few reasons.
One being that my granddaddy was a cotton farmer in this area years and years ago, my uncle was a cotton farmer and still loves to farm, although it's toned down...somewhat....over the years.
The second reason was because I can remember being in England, a new military wife, expecting my first child, more homesick than I'd ever been and feeling as lost as a ball in high grass. My neighbor (also from Alabama - thank you God for sending her there!) brought some cotton blooms home when she flew back from a vacation.
I cried for days.
They smelled like home.
 They felt like home.
 They looked like home.
I'm pretty sure they would've tasted like home if I'd had the guts.

 
I'm home now. In location and in my heart.


No comments: