Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekend Happenings & Menu Plan Monday!

I feel like I always come on here and say - WOW! This weekend was insane!
But this weekend really was.
We threw a big church yard sale on Saturday
and the kids had a stand with lemonade, sweet tea, hot cocoa, brownies, cookies, etc.
Everybody - including the children - worked their little tail ends off
and we made a combined $300 (roughly).
I am SO proud of them.
For my mental memory book, Sara and June (especially Sara) would yell...repeatedly...at every single customer who walked in the door...
"LEMONADE! GET YOUR LEMONADE! SWEET TEA! COOKIES! BROWNIES!"
I saw Sara over there several times making peoples drinks for them.
We may have two little entrepreneurs on our hands!
 
Sunday we went to church & then served a big dinner afterwards.
Got home around 3:30 and crashed for the rest of the day.
I pitched a tent on the couch and I'm not sure I left it!
Had to keep it warm, you know. :)
 
Mike is off today and tomorrow for Veterans Day & this morning, he gave me the wonderful gift of SLEEPING IN! He got up with the girls, got them fed and dressed and both off to school. Yes, it's 7:42 a.m. so I didn't really "sleep in" but I relaxed in bed and it was W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L. We don't have much on the agenda for today - I've got to run to the store, I've got Bible Study this morning, & I need to do some work for the blog. Oh, and I have this atrocious to-do list to work on. :/
 
 
 
Anyway, you're probably not here for all that, so here's our meal plan for the week.
We did very good last night but we have several meals left over because we ate at church one day and ate sandwiches a few other days because the week was so hectic.
 
Monday: chili & cornbread
Wednesday: chocolate chip pancakes & bacon
Thursday: taco pasta Hamburger Helper, whole kernal corn
Friday: pigs in a blanket, mac & cheese
Saturday: we'll be at my moms
Sunday: taco soup & cornbread
 
Head on over to Organizing Junkie to link up! My grocery budget for the month of November is $300. This is a HUGE challenge to me because previously it was $500. But we'll be gone for 5 days at the end of the month, so I think I can do it. I shall keep you updated!
 
And because I can't end this post without posting a picture of my sweet Junebug:
 

 
 


No comments: