Wednesday, August 15, 2012

florida, sweet sisters & memories

Two weeks ago, we headed down to southwest Florida to visit Michael's family.
What is normally an 8 hour drive took us ten hours.
We left after my chemo treatment on Thursday
and about two hours outside of their town, I suddenly thought about my meds.
I mentioned it and then said that the girls were sleeping
and I would rather just wait til we got there to take them.
Those of you who have small children know exactly what I meant.
We got on down the road a little ways and Michael said,
"I really just feel like I need to pull over and get your medicine."
So we did.
It took him a few minutes to find it and then we called my mom.
Took about 30 minutes in all.
After we got back on the road, about 10 minutes in we saw a horrible accident on the intertate.
They had shut down a section and were rerouting people off...
life flight was landing on the road as we went by.
I'm so thankful God hekp His hand on us and kept us safe.
If we hadn't stopped for my medicine, that could have been us.
I'm forever thankful for all the "could have beens"
that have been prevented over the years.

 Ahhh....I love this place!

 



Sunset at The Beach Shack for supper Saturday night. 




We had a great trip and we're looking forward
to going back as soon as we can.
Thanks, Nana, Pop Pop, & Grandma for having us!

Thank you to Bailey, Mac, Samson & Delilah (the furchildren)
for letting us have their bed!

Last night I laid the girls down in their bed and
snapped this quick picture because they were too sweet:

(I love the matching nightgowns...and the "wild child"
fits June Claire to a T!)

But this morning Michael went to check on them as he was heading out to work
and this is what he found:

(Forgive the messy room...it was clean when they went to bed!)
How cute! They had gotten a sleeping bag
and camped out on the floor.

Part of this blog is for memories that I don't want to forget.
Well, June has been sort of singing herself to sleep lately.
Last night she was softly singing, "Night night, night night"
over and over again. And Sunday morning at church
she wa falling asleep in my arms and as her little eyelids
were fluttering shut she was whispering, "No. No! NO!"
I guessthe little ball of energy just didn't want to give it up.

I hope ya'll had a great weekend and first part of the week!


2 comments:

Nancy said...

Awww, the girls are adorable sleeping together!

- dls - said...

love those pretty photos - lots of sweetness!