Monday, July 16, 2012

doctors, good news, and cute pictures

Hey ya'll! I hope ya'll had a great weekend. We stayed around home all day Saturday, did a bunch of yard work & then cooked supper with my uncle & his family. Sunday we had a visiting preacher at church, and that's always nice. I enjoyed his sermon and I sure enjoy his wife to pieces. She is so friendly and genuinely sweet! They have five children and they are so well behaved. They make my two look like heathens (just kidding!) but in all honesty, they're good people.

Today I had a eye appointment, but before we left out this morning I managed to get a couple of shots of the girls:


I LOVE this one!

 Junebug showing off her new shoes (they are too cute!)

At my eye appointment, we got some really great news -- the doctor noticed that my optic nerve was very swollen during surgery, so we had an MRI (everything was okay) and then he spoke with my oncologist and they come to the conclusion that they felt it was a side effect of the chemo that I'm on. What happens is that it makes my vision blurry right in the center and I can't really see very clearly. Unfortunately, it can be permanent. Last week my oncologist started consolidating my chemo pills, and by today's visit it seems to be working! Most of the swelling is gone, so he cut that medication in half as well. I'm SO thrilled. I've been noticing that I can see a little better over the past couple of days. I even ws able toread my Bible yesterday along with the sermon -- holding it up close in front of my face, but hey -- I'll take what I can get!

After my eye appointment, we decided to swing by our old house and kind of start to go through things. When I went into the hospital, it was very sudden. I went to a hospital two hours in one direction and my girls went to my hometown which was an hour in the other direction. Then we had someone staying in our home for a short period of time, but for the past month it's been left alone.

It. Was. Terrible.

FIrst of all, it was hard to go back to something I'd left 8 months before and it not feel like home. I walked in and saw June's high chair in the dining room and started bawling. I left a chubby 18 month old and came home to a definitely little girl who walked and talked like she'd been doing it all her life. For the most part, things were still pretty much how I'd left them. That was kind of hard. But we'll get in there and make it ours again....it will just take time.

My front entrance....just the way I left it on November 21. Except the flowers were alive and the wreath matched the fall season....

I hope ya'll had a great Monday!



1 comment:

HappyascanB said...

Goodness gracious, Stephanie! I cannot imagine what it felt like to walk into that house! Breaks my heart for you.

Thankful you are getting some good news from the doctors! I cannot believe how your girls have grown!