Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Saturday!

We haven't been up to much lately. I've been job hunting and have gotten THREE job interviews in the past week! Out of three I've gotten a callback, an offer to start in two weeks, and the third isn't until Monday. I'm PRAYING they offer it to me -- it's perfect, it's five miles from the house, and I'm pretty sure it will pay more than the offer I already received. Cross your fingers for me!


June loves her pancakes!
 
Last week, June cut a second tooth on the bottom left side. Teething is TERRIBLE for her. Sara never acted like it bothered her, but June....goodness. I say (more often than not) that if June had been the first, there wouldn't have been a second! But we love her, fiery temper and all.

image via google
A couple of weeks ago, we got Sara a chore chart....and so far, it's worked really well for us! It was important to us to have the girls start pitching in and realizing what responsibility is as early as possible. Both parents did that for us & it's something we wanted to do with our kids. We got the one above from Target. I really like it, and it was only about $8. Can't beat that! We have things on there like helping to feed Delaney (our dog), feed Mr. Bubbles (the fish, don't you love his name? haha), brush teeth, help to make bed, pick up toys, and eat a good supper (because we have the hardest time getting Sara to eat ANYTHING these days). Each Sunday we pick out a "reward" (the past two weeks it's been an ice cream cone at Chik-Fil-A or McDonalds) and then we work towards it during the week. Sara's room stays more clean now than it ever has!

We are busy, busy, busy this weekend. Yesterday Michael fished all day long with my family, and he was gone at 6 am this morning to fish some more. This evening we're having Easter dinner with my dad, sisters & their family. Tomorrow we have church & then Easter dinner and an egg hunt with my mom's side of the family. I love holiday weekends, and I especially love that we're able to celebrate them with family!

image via google

                              In just a little while I'll start to dye the FOUR dozen eggs that's sitting
                                         in the fridge. Hello, messy afternoon! I did not miss you. :)

In other words, it's going to be a fun, busy weekend in central Alabama!
Hope ya'll have a wonderful Easter!

PS -- I'll be making a post tomorrow about June's first birthday!
 I can't wait to share all the details & pictures with you!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh, girl, if it was me you should have said something! I was in there with my daughter and granddaughter around 5:00 or maybe later? We'd been shopping ALL DAY and I was so pooped, looked it too! Next time please holla!

Stephanie@SweetTeaAndSunshine said...

Oh, me too! It was bedtime and June was singing the news -- that's part of the reason I didn't say hello, to be honest!