Monday, October 19, 2009

Slacker (and the Meal Plan Monday)

So...I have been slacking lately. This is pretty obvious, since my last blog was 10/7. I've got to figure out how to work blogging into life -- we just seem so busy lately! We have been having a great time so far this fall. The weather has cooled down and it actually feels like FALL, which is rare here in Alabama! Last night I had to make a late-night run outside to the car, and when I came back in I said, "BRR, it's really cold out there! I'm not used to that anymore!" and Michael was like...."Yep, it's good to not be used to the cold, it's when that's normal that it's miserable." Which is totally true. After living in England for 2 years (and he for 4) cold was the norm and it was NOT good! It did teach me a few things, though. No longer do I mind going out in wind or rain -- because if you had minded that in England, you never would have gotten outside! No matter how cold it is, though, I still miss it.

So onward! Menu Plan Monday. This one is a little crazy because I'm trying to eat all of our perishables up before we leave on vacation this weekend. We are going to Tennessee for 5 days with my in-laws. I am looking forward to it, it will be the first time Michael has seen his aunt in 2 years and the FIRST time she has EVER met Sara!

Monday: fresh vegetables (salad, carrots, cucumber, celery, broccoli, etc.) and grapes
Tuesday: WW grilled drumsticks, steamed broccoli, mac & cheese
Wednesday: bean & cheese quesadillas, tortilla chips & salsa
Thursday: chili rubbed pork chops, broccoli slaw, corn
Friday: leftovers/clean out the fridge

Mike has (gasp) asked me to go meatless a few nights a week, so this is my (feeble) attempt at doing so. It's a hard week to start this, as we're leaving Saturday morning and I don't want to leave anything behind that's going to go bad in the next week or so. I just have to say that these grilled drumsticks are the BEST, and so easy to cook! Also, I don't know about your Publix, but ours has had these little bags of "Eat Smart" veggies on sale every week for $1/bag, saving $1.50/bag. I've picked up 4 or 5 every time I go in there and just freeze them.

I'm still on the hunt for more good WW recipes, so please share if you have any!

I'm pretty sure I hear a certain little girl waking up, so I have to close this for now. I hope ya'll have an awesome Monday!

No comments: