Thursday, April 9, 2009

Something always comes through.


Michael and I have been praying for a long time about a certain situation we're in. I was beginning to get discouraged, and we had decided to take the easy way out and just get rid of the problem, instead of fixing it. We were about to make the final phone call, when out of the blue, someone kindly offered their services and advice last night! I am thrilled and honestly felt a bit guilty that I was moving on as soon as God hadn't answered our prayer. I'm constantly reminded that He answers prayer in His time, not in ours. This is a struggle for me as I like to be in control of everything. That's something I am working hard on, but I can't do it alone. 

Are any of you struggling with your time and commitments lately? I feel very overwhelmed these days. I can't remember what I've done with anything, it seems, and I often find myself at 3:30 wondering, "What will I have for dinner? Why haven't I finished the laundry? Why didn't I sew today? Why didn't I do this, or do that?" I have got to learn to use my day more wisely. Having only one vehicle certainly helps, as the days that Michael uses it for work I have a lot more time. But then I run into, "I'll be home tomorrow, so I'll just do it then." It is a never-ending, viscious cycle. Hopefully today will be the day I get a grip on things. After I finish today's blog, I am turning off the computer (probably my biggest problem) and working constantly, non-stop, throughout the day. Maybe after this day I will be caught up and can just maintain. Do you busy mamas have any tips for me? I could sure use them.

On a happier note, I found someone in our town who sells free-range eggs! Woohoo! I am going to call her today to pick up my first dozen. I much prefer buying locally/organic, so this is very exciting for me. I am also going to work on preparing a small garden this week. Hopefully it will be planted very soon, as I'm quickly running out of time! I think this year I will do tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, onions, and maybe some peas or beans if I have room. I want to do about 5-10 tomato plants, because I plan on putting them up for sauces in the winter. My uncle Sonny normally has a huge garden each year, and I'm going to be purchasing lots of veg from him to can and freeze. My goal is to not have to buy any (or at the very least, only a little) in the way of veg from the grocery store this winter. Last year I only grew bell peppers and onions, so if you have any tips, send them my way!

I'm off for now. My day is calling. :)

No comments: