Monday, July 7, 2014

Menu Plan Monday! 7.7.14

I'm linking up again with Organzing Junkie on her weekly series, Menu Plan Monday.
This is week 2 of planning "Daddy-style" and so far, I think he's doing a good job. :)
Last week was a little crazy due to my transplant, the girls being away for a few days and the holiday.
This morning, I sent him the meal plan and grocery list and issued orders for the grocery store.
Some of you may wonder why I'M doing the planning and general grocery list since I'm in the hospital 2.5 hours away, recovering from a bone marrow transplant?
Because it makes me feel useful.
It is our adaption to this current season of life.
And if I didn't do this, my kids would be eating grilled cheese and carrot sticks every day.
 
Monday: stroganoff, peas
Tuesday: 15 bean soup and cornbread
Wednesday: Leftover 15 bean soup and cornbread
Thursday: scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage
Friday: Spaghetti
Saturday: alfredo pasta with asparagus
Sunday: cheesy broccoli tuna helper, green beans
 
Not the healthiest- but t's still healthy and easy enogh for him to put together in 30 minutes so hat he can focus on spending time with he children ding the week.
 And another plus - we only needed 10 items to make this menu plan happen.
And for that I am thankful.
 Because groceries are ridiculously expensive.

No comments: