Friday, April 9, 2010

$100/month grocery budget -- Week 2

Sooo...let me just say -- a pregnant woman going to the grocery store hungry is a sure made recipe for DISASTER! I cannot tell you how many things I had to talk myself out of buying, and I STILL ended up with a turkey cobb salad and sushi (which I'm taking out of our "miscellaneous" budget, because I counted it in the eating out category). I forgot to take a picture, but here's what I got this week:


Green Giant boxed vegetables -- on sale for $1 each (from $1.66) and I had (2) $.50/2 coupons
Yoplait Fiber One yogurt x 2 (4) packs -- BOGO free at $2.50 each, and I had (2) $1/1 coupons
eggs
Ball Park all-beef hot dogs (on sale for $2.50 with a $.75/1 coupon)
bathroom tissue
ranch dressing

Total spent: $9.28
Total savings: $10.13
Monthly total so far: $58.04
Savings: $ 33.06


That means I got the yogurt for just $.25 a box, and the veggies for $.75 a box! AND I walked out leaving the sugary Lucky Charms and Cocoa Puffs still on the shelf....even though I had awesome coupons for them. The yogurt is nice to have for breakfast and snacks, the veggies ALWAYS come in handy, and the hot dogs are nice for quick lunches -- and probably will be used as a quick meal on Friday night as we're getting ready to head out for our vacation Saturday.

No comments: