Saturday, June 6, 2009

Scared myself silly!

Around 2:00 PM today, my mother-in-law called to say they were 3 hours from Montgomery, and did we want to meet them for supper? I was very confused at first, but we shortly figured out Michael had confused the dates they were coming through our part of the country. He thought they were coming through on July 7, not June 7. Silly boy! Well, we were headed down this way to spend the weekend with my mama, so we just threw ourselves together and came on down. We haven't seen them since February, so it was nice to be able to spend a few moments with them. I know Michael really, really, enjoyed it. And hopefully they have a wonderful cruise to Cozumel!

We stopped by my cousins this evening on the way back to my mama's. My husband, Michael*cough*TimTheToolManTaylor*cough* wanted to help my cousins build a front porch. Well, 6 hours later, the house had a front porch (by the way -- Steve, David, and Michael -- you guys did a beautiful job!) and us girls had scared ourselves silly by watching Ghost Adventures and pulling up scary YouTube videos. BTW...if you haven't already watched Ghost Hitchiker in Portugal, you must go YouTube it now. NOW. Are you at your computer yet?!

It's almost 3 AM my time, yet here I sit. In 6 hours, I have to be at my dad's house for a full day of cleaning/ripping out/remodeling. I have a feeling I will be dragging...

On a happier (less tired) note, I need help! I need any advice or tips that you might have on dying my hair. I have naturally dirty blonde hair, but I like it to be a lighter blonde. I'm sick of paying $100+ at the salon (do you KNOW all the purses and clothes I could buy at TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshalls for $100?!) and I am going to bite the bullet and do it myself. Just in time for our vacation to Destin. Am I crazy or what?!

No comments: