Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm still alive!

We have just been SO busy lately! I'm still here, though. Sara Faith is running around, taking life by its horns, and she keeps me busy! Last weekend we spent in Ocean Springs, Mississippi with my dad, his sister and brother-in-law, my two younger sisters, and my oldest sisters family. We had a big Father's Day dinner. We each wrote a letter to our daddy's and put them in a scrapbook so that they could always remember. Each one of us girls cried at some point during our letters, and I do believe that is the only time I have ever seen my dad tear up. It was pretty special. Then Sara & I came home Sunday and spent a good afternoon with Michael. This past week I have just been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, and preparing for us to spend a month in Tallassee when Michael goes to California in July. I have been brainstorming and have came up with 3,283 new ways to decorate my house, so all of July I will be hitting up antique stores, yard sales, and my beloved TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshalls for unique goodies. I will be making a week-long trip to Ocean Springs to see my older sister and her family, and I can not WAIT to drag her to all those beautiful little shops in downtown Ocean Springs! I will also be visiting my cousins in Wiggins, so I'll have to talk April into tagging along with me to some there, as well.

Honestly, ya'll, you probably won't see much of me until the 6th of July. Michael is on vacation next week, and we will just be enjoying time as a family before he heads out next weekend. Did I really just say next weekend? I think I might need a box of tissues. BUT! So goes the life of a military wife, and I don't regret it one bit! This life has afforded us a lot of pleasures we otherwise would never have been able to experience. Plus, seeing him in his uniform each day ain't too shabby, either!

Ya'll take care now!

No comments: