Saturday, March 16, 2013

I'm Alive!

Hey ya'll!
Yes, it's been a really long time.
It's actually quite shameful. About two months -- I can do better than that.
I just....chose not to.
I relapsed the first week of January, and it was very bad.
The doctors didn't give me much hope (I didn't realize this then)
and I've just been focusing on recovering and spending time with my family.
About a month ago, the long fight my dad has had with infection in his foot/leg
came to an end and he ended up losing it. Not the end of the world, no --
but it's been an adjustment for him. As for me, I'm doing well.
"Better than I deserve" as a dear friend says.
I have had two rounds of chemo (one in January and one in February/March)
and I have another tentatively scheduled in April.
But that may not happen, because I'm meeting with a bone marrow transplant doctor.
Yep, friends, it's come down to this. I can hardly believe it.
But I trust in my Lord and Savior and I KNOW he will bring me through this.
I have complete peace, and so does Michael.
The thing that has bothered me the mos tis knowing we will not be blessed with another child.
 
 
Anyway! On to  happier things, right?  :)
 
I am actually getting a few moments of peace and quiet today.
We stayed at my mom's this weekend, but Michael had to run back to the house to get some things.
He took June with him and Sara is with my sister and her family.
To say I'm enjoying it is an understatement.
This afternoon my sister cousin and I are going out to dinner for my birthday...
and a little shopping.
 

This is pretty much how I feel lately, so I will hopefully be picking up some new things.
Wish me luck!
 


2 comments:

HappyascanB said...

It is so good to see your post!! I have thought of you so often and prayed you were doing well.
"Better than I deserve".... Love that!!

- dls - said...

I think of you often - so hoping/praying that everything goes well with your bone marrow transplant.

Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us

p.s. thx for the post on my blog - I am good. Hope you get that new car! :)